By Neil Thompson
Addressing the typical suggestions and matters around the a number of different types of discrimination, this booklet explores the explanations why the advance of anti-discriminatory perform is so important, and examines the stairs that must be taken in the direction of developing a social paintings perform in line with rules of anti-discrimination and the advertising of equality. Written with Thompson's inimitable readability, this new version features:
• Voice of expertise and perform concentration examples, encouraging readers to imagine contextually and combine concept and perform.
• An particular thought base, with key issues from every one bankruptcy drawn out to focus on particular major themes
• various questions for mirrored image and suggestions on extra learning
Promoting social justice, variety and equality in social paintings perform is as important this present day because it was once whilst Anti-Discriminatory perform used to be first released, and there's nonetheless a lot to profit. This new, absolutely up-to-date version of the vintage textual content continues to be an important learn for the subsequent iteration of social paintings scholars, practitioners, managers and educators.
Read or Download Anti-Discriminatory Practice: Equality, Diversity and Social Justice (Practical Social Work Series) PDF
Similar social work books
100 Years of Social paintings is the 1st finished background of social paintings as a career in English Canada. prepared chronologically, it presents a severe and compelling examine the inner struggles and debates within the social paintings occupation over the process a century and investigates the responses of social employees to numerous vital occasions.
An individual does not need to be a consensus organizer to imagine like one. Consensus Organizing: A group improvement Workbook—A complete advisor to Designing, imposing, and comparing group switch projects is helping scholars and practitioners start to imagine like consensus organizers and contain this fashion of strategic pondering into their lives and their paintings.
Now in its 7th variation, this entire textual content once more offers starting social paintings scholars and practitioners with a confirmed, time-tested method of support them comprehend and get pleasure from tips to use uncomplicated overview concepts inside their person instances (case-level) and the courses the place they paintings (program-level).
This booklet explores tradition, improvement, and spirituality from the point of view of social paintings. This framework serves as beginning and courses analytical deliberation by using case stories from worldwide. With rising developments in improvement, synchronistic synthesis among the internal self and interventions, it truly is expected to give a contribution to advancing overall healthiness of everybody.
- Conducting Child Custody Evaluations: From Basic to Complex Issues
- Social Work in a Risk Society: Social and Political Perspectives
- Wo anders leben?: Migration, Männlichkeit und Sexualität. Biografische Interviews mit iranischstämmigen Migranten in Deutschland (Internationale Hochschulschriften) (German Edition)
- The Unofficial Guide to Adoptive Parenting: The Small Stuff, The Big Stuff and The Stuff In Between
Extra resources for Anti-Discriminatory Practice: Equality, Diversity and Social Justice (Practical Social Work Series)
Anti-Discriminatory Practice: Equality, Diversity and Social Justice (Practical Social Work Series) by Neil Thompson