By David Williamson
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of good fortune with this attempted and established sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and evaluate standards of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- presents exam-style questions and assistance for every proper specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for a number of classes including:
- AQA: The chilly struggle, c1945-1991
- OCR: The chilly warfare in Europe 1941-1995
Read or Download Access to History: The Cold War 1941-95 Third Edition PDF
Similar world history books
Initially released in 2003, this booklet addresses the hardly explored topic of the reciprocal relationships among nationalism, kingdom and state-building, and financial swap. research of the commercial aspect within the construction of countries and states can't be constrained to Europe, and as a result those various but interlinked case-studies conceal all continents.
In 1930, 757,000 Jews lived in Romania; they constituted the 3rd biggest Jewish group in Europe. at the present time no more than 14,000 Jews stay in Romania, so much of them aged. The list of the Holocaust in Romania comprises many curious chapters of aid and betrayal, yet they've been mostly unavailable in the past.
This panoramic reappraisal indicates why the Habsburg Empire mattered for therefore lengthy to such a lot of principal Europeans throughout divides of language, faith, and quarter. Pieter Judson exhibits that inventive government—and intractable difficulties the far-flung empire couldn't solve—left a permanent imprint on successor states.
Warfare is frequently characterized as one percentage terror, ninety nine consistent with cent boredom. when a lot ink has been spilt at the one in line with cent, really little paintings has been directed towards the opposite ninety nine in keeping with cent of a soldier's time. As such, this e-book could be welcomed via these looking a fuller knowing of what makes squaddies undergo conflict, and the way they deal with lengthy sessions of state of no activity.
- The West and Islam: The Ongoing Arab Spring
- Turquoise Trail, The (Images of Modern America)
- Columbus and His First Voyage: A History in Documents
- The Founding Fathers, Education, and "The Great Contest": The American Philosophical Society Prize of 1797 (Historical Studies in Education)
- Somme 1916: Success and Failure on the first day of the Battle of the Somme
Extra info for Access to History: The Cold War 1941-95 Third Edition
Access to History: The Cold War 1941-95 Third Edition by David Williamson